I like not only to be loved, but also to be told I am loved." -- George Eliot
Here are 10 creative ways to tell him or her "I love you" on this special occasion.
1. After enjoying a candlelight dinner at home, give your loved one a massage and watch a romantic movie.
2. Give your loved one a dozen roses, or a rose with seven colors.
3. Order food from a take-out restaurant and have a picnic for all the Valentines in your family on the floor of your living room.
4. Write a poem for your loved one on the chocolate.
5. Fill a jar with Valentine candies and notes for your loved one.
6. If you are separated, send a present you made.
7. Create an intimate Valentine's Day evening at home, planning the menu, shopping for the meal, and ultimately preparing the meal together.
8. Make a special list of "Reasons why I Love You".
9. Surprise your loved one with a special getaway together.
10. Give your loved one a mirror, and write "Mirror tells you who the prettiest woman is in the world."